Top 20 Quotes by Martin Luther

Martin Luther

Martin Luther's Quotes:

  1. “Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.”

  2. “It's not what I don't know that bothers me - it's what I do know and don't do!”

  3. “We do not become righteous by doing righteous deed but, having been made righteous, we do righteous deeds.”

  4. “Temptations, of course, cannot be avoided, but because we cannot prevent the birds from flying over our heads, there is no need that we should let them nest in our hair.”

    *“You cannot keep birds from flying over your head but you can keep them from building a nest in your hair”

  5. “God created the world out of nothing, and so long as we are nothing, He can make something out of us.”

  6. “The whole being of any Christian is faith and love. Faith brings the person to God, love brings the person to people.”

  7. “There are some of us who think to ourselves, 'If I had only been there! How quick I would have been to help the Baby. I would have washed His linen. How happy I would have been to go with the shepherds to see the Lord lying in the manger!' Why don't we do it now? We have Christ in our neighbor.”

  8. “God does not need your good works, but your neighbor does.”

  9. “A religion that gives nothing, costs nothing, and suffers nothing, is worth nothing.”

  10. “A Christian is never in a state of completion but always in a process of becoming.”

  11. “Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.”

  12. “We are not yet what we shall be, but we are growing toward it, the process is not yet finished.”

  13. “God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars.”

  14. “We need to hear the Gospel every day, because we forget it every day.”

  15. “The Bible is alive, it speaks to me; it has feet, it runs after me; it has hands, it lays hold of me.”

  16. “There are two days in my calendar: This day and that Day.”

  17. “Music is the art of the prophets and the gift of God.”

  18. “Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world.”

  19. “Peace if possible. Truth at all costs.”

  20. “War is the greatest plague that can afflict humanity, it destroys religion, it destroys states, it destroys families. Any scourge is preferable to it.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments